Tuesday, January 30, 2007

OVW TV - 9/30/06

1) Ryan Reeves & Jon Bolen vs. Eddie Craven & Mike Kruel – 3
2) Oleg Prudius vs. Johnny Punch, Devin Driscoll, & The Real McCoy – Handicap Match – 1
3) Charles Evans vs. Gunner Scott – 3
4) Joey Mercury vs. Paul Burchill – 4
5) Elijah Burke vs. Chet the Jet – 4
6) Cody Runnels & Shawn Spears vs. Deuce & Domino – 4

Reeves and Bolen looked decent in the opening tag match. I find it doubtful right now that they would fit in with WWE right now but with some more refinement, they could be a solid team on any of the three main rosters. I don’t really remember much of what happened except that a run-in by former HWA standout Shawn Osborne cost them the match. Prudius failed to impress me for the second week in a row. Apparently his three opponents were the same three people he squashed right in a row last week. I have a strong feeling that Prudius will the next Great Khali because he’s very limited and is terrible on the mic. Evans and Scott had a rather good match, albeit not as good as the match from the previous week. Scott won by count-out after Evans took a hike to retain the TV title in what is building up to be a nice feud. Mercury and Burchill had the match of the night as far as I’m concerned. This was Mercury’s return match following his stint in rehab. I guess OVW is pushing Burchill as one mean bastard because he sure looked like it. He’s also dropped the pirate gimmick, so now he has some credibility. Burke and Chet had another solid match were Burke worked the heel, unlike last week when they worked face against face. The main event featured nothing to me. I don’t know jack squat about these guys. Deuce and Domino haven’t impressed me from what I’ve seen of them as they’re apparently hipsters from the 50s. Runnels and Spears still looked green so I guess you could say the rating was generous. One thing that did amuse me was their play-by-play guy looks like Captain Kangaroo and their color guy looks like Jabba the Hutt. Now that’s quite a combination.

No comments: