Thursday, October 13, 2005

John Cena – Word Life DVD – Extras

1. John Cena vs. Chris Benoit (Smackdown! 04/17/03) – 6
2. John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar (Backlash 04/27/03) – 7
3. John Cena vs. The Undertaker (Smackdown! 08/07/03) – 6
4. John Cena vs. Eddie Guerrero (Smackdown! 08/28/03) – 6
5. John Cena vs. Kurt Angle (No Mercy 10/19/03) – 7

I got this DVD from the local library and fellow RTW wrestling writer Jessie and I sat down one night to unabashedly watch it. I wasn’t anticipating liking much of it. Although Cena is obviously carried by all of these superior workers, he holds his own and the end result are some strangely likeable matches. I liked the ones against Lesnar and Angle; they were both from pay-per-views, so they were given more time, and were both intense. The match with Undertaker was probably the most unforeseen treat. I didn’t watch the actual DVD, just the extras, but I’d recommend buying it used for these matches alone.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

i remember viewing this at your apt...Cena was a good understudy...i'd venture to say he learned a lot from all these guys..imagine what he could with them now... if 2 weren't dead, one in UFC and one in TNA