Sunday, February 6, 2011

WWE Superstars 1/27/11

Tyler Reks vs. Trent Barretta - 3

Reks reminds me of a homeless Jamaican man that looks like he has impetigo. The sheer domination forced upon by Reks onto Barretta was pretty believable, as Trent is a great worker and can make a mouse look like Superman. The new guy on commentary made me laugh harder than I have in a while, claiming that Reks hunts WITH HIS BARE HANDS. I had to pause my DVR because I kept laughing so much. Barretta's short-lived comeback was nice, but Baretta had hardly any time to shine in this match as Reks was just on offense for 90% of the match.

Zack Rider & Primo Colon vs. Yoshi Tatsu & David Hart Smith - 5

Fun sprint tag. The two teams bring their own element to the match, but there is one key element that brings a smile to my face: youthfulness. All four of these guys are pretty young and are able to put on a fun mid-card match. DH brought a great element of power, and Tatsu brings a strong style element infused with agility. The heel team of Rider and Primo bring a brash sense of cockiness and more than hold their own in the ring. Tatsu's hot tag was one of the best ones I've seen in a while, which led to a fun finishing sprint featuring a nice Shining Wizard variation by Tatsu and a back stabber by Primo.

Tyson Kidd vs. R-Truth - 4

Kidd brought it to R-Truth, leading to the best R-Truth singles match this year. Normally bored to death with his cheesy offense, I found myself raising my eyebrows and nodding my head in approval of the way Truth was carrying himself. The stunner variation that Truth does looked great in this match chiefly due to the fact that Kidd sold it awesomely and it looked like it made a hell of a lot of contact. Kidd's fluidity in motion is great, which makes me feel like he is severely and criminally under-rated.

No comments: