Sunday, September 25, 2005

WWE Smackdown! – 08/25/05

1. Randy Orton vs. Hardcore Holly - 5
2. Johnny Nitro vs. Heidenreich - 1
3. Christian and Booker T vs. Super Crazy and Psicosis - 3
4. Mr. Kennedy vs. Funaki - 3
5. Batista, Rey Mysterio, and Chris Benoit vs. Orlando Jordan, John “Bradshaw” Layfield, and Eddie Guerrero – 6

Orton versus Holly was a very nice opener; they started off with some rest holds, but ended up doing some nice build-up stuff. The finish was weak, but otherwise I liked it. Nitro and Heidenreich had a horrendous excuse for a match, with Heidenreich looking completely goofy marching around the ring totally ignoring Nitro’s offense. The tag team match features four talented workers I enjoy, but it was disappointing, thus since it was so below my expectations I felt I grade it deservedly. Kennedy and Funaki was usual squash fare. The main event was entertaining, but only gave us a glimpse of each guys’ talents. I would have rated it lower, but enjoyed the unexpectedly clean finish.

No comments: