This is a new article I'm going to try and undertaker( sorry, I won't be reviewing him!) where I look at a wrestler's career and grade them from 1-10( ten being the highest, we all know how this works) in ten different categories. I'm going to list them here and the things I will look for in each.
1) Innovation- Did this worker break ground, try new things, go places no one before him did, or did he rely on the same old tools?
2) Conditioning- Shape of a worker, stamina, physique, effects of working out, or steroid/ drug use
3) Ring skill- overall ability, work rate, selling, putting a match together
4) Character/ Psychology- the mental aspect of wrestling, did they understand who they were, how to tell a story in ring
5) Interviews- mic skills, comfortable in front of a camera, did they have anything entertaining or prevalent to say? Could they talk?
6) Face/ Heel- Did this worker perform as both? Effectively?
7) Basics- Did this worker have the basic tools of wrestling? Could they strike well, or believable? Could they transition between spot to spot?
8) Fan Believablility- Could they get the fans behind them(face) or boo them( heel)? Did they elicit any reaction? Did the fans care about this worker one way or the other?
9) Match/ Opponent Diversity- Did this worker have a range of classic feuds and opponents/ did those feuds work well? Did those matches work well?
10) Gutcheck- Did this worker show heart? Did they have the passion? Wrestle when injured? Go the extra 110% or slop through matches? Did they care on a night to night basis?
The total of all these scores, if given a perfect, would equal 100. the point scale I'm using is as follows:
Legend- 75- 90
Also, there will be another stat to the analysis, which is The PO( personal opinion.) This has little to no effect on my scores, just my personal preference on a certain performer or not. There's three levels. Thumbs UP: I enjoy the guy's work and love watching him/ her. Thumbs Middle: I don't hate him, but I don't mark out every time I see him. Most people would fall in this category. Thumbs Down: I really don't like watching him, for whatever reason and am not an overall fan of his work.
****Please keep in mind that I respect each and every guy that goes out to the ring and performs, regardless of whether I like him or not.