Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Most Powerful Families of Wrestling DVD - Disc 1

The documentary is about what you would expect, which is brief biographies on families such as the Ortons, McMahons, Harts, Von Erichs, Guerreros, Funks, Gagnes, and others. What … you’re expecting me to talk more about it? Well, there is really much else left to tell. Onto the bonus matches!

1) “High Chief” Peter Maivia & Chief Jay Strongbow vs. Ali Baba & Baron Mikel Scicluna – 3
Ali Baba looked like he took a break from sucking camels in the desert to sucking in the ring. The heels use hidden foreign objects to gain the advantage throughout the match. Scicluna looked pissed … or he was constipated. I heard that happens when you get old. Strongbow and Maivia win. The match itself was shit but gets a bonus point for just being old as shit.

2) Curt Hennig vs. Greg Gagne – 4
Sweet … some AWA made it on here! Wait … it’s clipped. Shit. Anyway, what was shown looked pretty formidable. The finish saw the fathers, Larry Hennig and Verne Gagne, get involved. Gagne wins the AWA Title that his father once held. It only makes sense because Verne runs the company! The score is based on what was presented. I would’ve like to have seen the whole thing because it looked good.

3) The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers vs. The Bushwhackers – 3
I haven’t seen this much stalling since the last time I took a piss in the bathroom at work. I never liked the Bushwhackers and I never will. I’m not sure exactly how they’re supposed to entertain me but they’re not. The Rougeaus controlled most of the match, which is good because I think I would’ve killed myself if the Bushwhackers were in control. The Rougeaus win after about twelve minutes of blah. Typical Bushwhackers match which means there is nothing to see.

4) Barry Windham & Kendall Windham vs. Michael Hayes & Lex Luger - 4
This was pretty much a typical TV match from 1989 NWA, which means it was nothing special. To be honest, I can't really remember anything that happened. The finish saw Hayes turn on Luger for reasons unknown to me.

No comments: