Thursday, March 15, 2007

TNA Impact - 2/22/07

1) Team 3-D vs. LAX – Belting Pot Match – 3
2) Voodoo Kin Mafia & Lance Hoyt vs. Robert Roode, Eric Young, & James Storm – 1
3) Jerry Lynn vs. Austin Starr vs. Senshi vs. Jay Lethal vs. Sonjay Dutt – Ladder Match – 3

The belting pot match was ludicrous and the name itself it just as bad. Brother Ray was lazy as hell and D-Von’s shirt may explode if he doesn’t back off the roids. From what I understand, Ray is pissed that LAX is more over than 3-D. I think he’s just jealous that despite the fact that Konnan is in a wheelchair, he can still cut a promo ten times better than Ray can. If I were Team 3-D, I would retire now and stay the hell away from wrestling. The six-man tag was a minute or so of slop. The whole match was Young playing that he didn’t want to team with Roode. Why the VKM and Hoyt were teaming together, I’ll never know. Finally, the ladder match wasn’t all it was cracked up to be. Lynn won after about 5-6 minutes of “action” half of which was taken up by a commercial. TNA really needs to concentrate on putting quality matches on TV instead of lame five minute bouts and meaningless skits and promos. I was a Russo supporter when he came in because I thought that he would give TNA a kick in the nuts. He’s raised the ratings on TV but has ultimately ruined the product.

No comments: